Casino Directors hire, train, and schedule the activities of casino personnel. They coordinate with supervisors, surveillance officers and investigators to make sure all games are run smoothly and fairly. They also ensure that the casino adheres to government gaming laws and regulations, they measure the profit and loss of all table games and slot machines, and stay up to date on the nuances of the gaming rules. Casino Directors monitor changes within the gaming industry and understand how they may affect the casino’s profitability. Casino Directors intervene with gamblers or guests who are upset or who have been caught cheating. They make sure that guests’ needs are met and accommodate high-profile customers.
- Strong leadership abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organization skills
- Genuine affinity for customer relations
- Ability to remain calm in tense situations
- Willingness to work long hours
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in hospitality