Conferencing & Events Managers make sales presentations with prospective catering service clients. They work with clients to plan, schedule and execute banquets, weddings, business meetings, trade shows, parties and other events that meet the clients’ budget requirements. They plan menus, develop and coordinate the preparation and arrangement of food and beverages for events. Conferencing & Events Managers train and supervise chefs, cooks, catering assistants, house managers and wait staff. They serve as the liaison with audiovisual services, decorating partners and other external vendors and suppliers required by the event. They coordinate with other hotel and facility departments and staff to ensure a high level of service and client satisfaction.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good project management and organization skills
- Previous experience in F&B
- Ability to make effective personal sales presentations
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in hospitality