Entrepreneurs manage all aspects of the hospitality business operation. They recruit, hire and oversee employees at all levels, from staff members to senior management leaders. They initiate and maintain relationships with banks to obtain financing for the business as well as with accounting firms to ensure proper financial management of the business. Entrepreneurs set up internal policies and systems for efficient, profitable business operations. They establish relationships with suppliers and vendors who supply products and services required by the business. They act as the public face of the business to promote it throughout the marketplace.
- Strong commitment to succeed as a business owner
- Willingness to take reasonable risks
- Well-developed organizational and administrative skills
- Proven problem-solving and negotiation abilities
- Excellent interpersonal communication and leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in hospitality or business administration