Essential Human Resources
Talent Seekers and Keepers
A joint program between BCA College Athens and Sommet Education on HR Management, which will provide a series of transferable knowledge through groupwork, discussions and practical experience, to implement upon the return to the workplace.
An opportunity to come together in an inspiring learning environment.
Date: 29 and 30 November, 2019
Location: BCA College, Athens
Who should attend? HR Managers, General Managers, Head of Departments
Day 1: Workforce Planning and Talent Management
The Workforce planning session will assist you to create a link between strategic goals and effective execution, and enables you to make evidence-based justifications for resourcing as well as highlighting areas your organisation needs to address.
The Talent Management session will provide you with an insight into the value of effectively using a succession planning framework to retain your talent and create a resourceful pipeline within your organization.
Day 2: Interview Techniques and Managing Performance
The interview techniques session will help you to develop and enhance your interview skills. You will discover the 15 tips to successful interviewing and how to effectively use competency based questions and the STAR techniques during the interview.
The Managing performance session will provide you with skills to assess team performance and select appropriate methods to coach individual in order to energize performance and understand employees mindset to keep them engaged.
- Understand the core HR components of modern workforce planning to ensure alignment.
- Review the skill set required for each roles in line with your strategy.
- Overcome challenges to effective workforce planning and build on enablers.
- Understand how to Identify and keep your talent in your organization and how they can be developed for future roles.
- Use the 9 Box Matrix as a succession planning analytical tool.
- Conduct an effective talent review discussion including individual development plans.
- Recognize how to successfully prepare for an interview.
- Exhibit how to effectively interview candidates using the competency based interview techniques
- Demonstrate the formulation personalized competency based questions incorporating the STAR Techniques
- Understand the 7 factors that influence workplace performance.
- Identify key scenarios in which performance management is crucial and select appropriate techniques to manage employee retention.
- Facilitate a performance concern conversation using the 2 minute challenge technique
Global Talent Development Director
Victoria works for Sommet Education as the Globlal Talent Development Director and is based in Switzerland.
She has worked for over 15 years in the 5 star hospitality business and consulted and trained extensively all orver the world.
The service industry remains one of her core passions having previously set up a training academy for a hotel group in Mauritius and worked as Corporate Training Director for Kempinski worldwide.
In addition she has led the training and establishment of five star standards for several luxury hotel openings around the globe. Victoria also worked as a consultant responsible for auditing hotel quality and service standards in companies such as Hyatt, Anantara, Movenpick and Preferred hotels.
She has a BSC Hons degree in Hotel and Catering Management from Gloucestershire University. Victoria is a qualified DISC behavioural trainer and holds a master group trainer certificate and is qualified to teach English as a foreign language.
After graduating Victoria started her professional career working as a manager in the Hospitality Industry before specialising in HR.
This time spent working in the service sector gave her an insight into the importance of attracting, retaining and developing the right people in order to help organisations to thrive.
Having obtained her MA in HRM Victoria then moved into teaching and lecturing in Higher Education and also has extensive experience of delivering Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) courses for HR professionals.
She is a qualified teacher (PGCE) and a Chartered Member of the CIPD.
Registration deadline: November 1, 2019
The program fee included course materials, lunches and coffee breaks during the program. It excludes participants cost of travel, lodging and miscellaneous charges.
How to apply
To apply to the course please contact us directly using the following details:
Faye Skenteris, Admissions Office Coordinator
Telephone: (+30) 210 7253783