GMs manage the entire lounge team, from line employees up through the executive team, to ensure that lounge operations and service standards are adhered to. They recruit, train and monitor the performance of all lounge staff members. They plan work schedules for individuals and teams. They deal with suppliers and contractors. They create an annual business plan and operating budget to meet clearly defined business objectives. They practice sound fiscal management to deliver lounge services within the target budget. GMs meet with the owner to provide operations status reports and monthly profit and loss statements, and ensure compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong affinity for customer service and satisfaction
- Sound financial management abilities
- Proven track record in effective cost control
- Ability to attract and maintain high-quality staff
- Flexibility to handle unexpected situations as they arise
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in hospitality or business administration