Resort General Manager
Resort General Managers are responsible for the successful day-to-day operations and profitability of a holiday resort complex. GMs are in charge of all areas of a resort, and both the revenue and cost elements of a company’s income statement. They also oversee the resort’s marketing and sales functions.
Resort GMs direct, hire and train all staff teams, and are responsible for effective planning and decision-making to attain desirable profit making results for the resort. GMs manage staff budgets and supervise operations, finance, marketing and sales. They create and enforce business objectives and goals, and manage projects and renovations. GMs also act as representatives of the resort for public relations and media.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent financial management abilities
- Ability to attract and maintain a high-quality staff
- Relevant experience in the hospitality industry
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in hospitality or business administration