Group and Events Coordinators make sure that group events within the hotel meet the hotel’s level of quality standards. They are in charge of preparing quotes, making follow-up calls with prospective clients and holding meetings with clients who are interested in hosting an event. Coordinators report to the Manager about any conflicts and concerns regarding the booking of a group function. Additionally, Coordinators follow through with client requests and delegate responsibilities to the Event Managers who actually run the event.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to keep a positive attitude in an extremely fast-paced and demanding work environment
- Language skills
- Associate degree or higher (ideally in hospitality)
- Previous experience, familiar with hotel environment
- Excellent organizational skills