HR Directors maintain close working relationships with department leaders to gain a thorough understanding of both the technical qualifications and the personal qualities required for each position in the organization. They coordinate training and support to ensure employees meet the organization’s performance standards and have the opportunity to reach their full potential in their careers. HR Directors manage the employee benefits program and create and implement workplace policies and procedures that enhance employee productivity and satisfaction. They contribute fundamentally to the organization’s ability to provide a high quality guest experience and return on owner’s investment through the hiring, training and engagement of high-caliber employees.
- Effective relationship-building with employees at all levels, from laborers to senior executives
- Effective leadership skills
- Strong organizational and multitasking abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred (ideally in hospitality)