Training programs are specially designed for graduates who possess significant abilities and enthusiasm for the hospitality industry. Programs help trainees to develop their managerial skills and give them a full understanding of the operational functions of each department in a hotel or other hospitality organization.
Depending on the program’s scope, the management trainee typically goes through both general and cross training and often participates as a junior team member working on projects such as processes improvement or profitability enhancement. Training programs can vary from organization to organization, but they usually last from 12 to 18 months.
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management from a reputable school
- Strong affinity for and commitment to the hotel industry
- Willingness to demonstrate initiative and perform shift duties
- Language skills
- Strong market sense and results orientation
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills