Rooms Division Managers lead, control and supervise the Front Desk, Guest Services and Housekeeping departments. They work closely with Reservations to assure and maximize occupancy rate and revenue and they are also in charge of providing all necessary forecasts. This is a key position since the Rooms Division leadership will directly impact the operational team’s motivation and actions (e.g. front desk agents, bell boys, housekeeper and concierge) – this is the team that is actually providing the service for the guests. Rooms Division Managers report to the Hotel General Manager.
- Well-developed leadership skills
- Ability to give clear, concise instructions
- Proactive work style
- Ability to work well under pressure and keep calm in difficult situations
- Previous experience as supervisor in hospitality (front desk and/or guest services)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (ideally in hospitality)