Training programs are specially designed for graduates who possess significant abilities and enthusiasm for the hospitality industry. Programs help trainees to develop their managerial skills and give them a full understanding of the operational functions of each department in a hotel or other hospitality organization.
Depending on the program’s scope, the management trainee typically goes through both general and cross training and often participates as a junior team member working on projects such as processes improvement or profitability enhancement. Training programs can vary from organization to organization, but they usually last from 12 to 18 months.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to multitask efficiently and to resolve challenges
- Flexibility to travel extensively
- Well-developed background in hotel operations
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in hospitality or business administration