Vice Presidents of Operations could lead a hotel chain or a cruise line fleet. They maintain a broad-based, high-level strategic understanding of all aspects of the organization’s operation, and work alongside the properties’ General Managers to set financial goals. They design operation procedures to help meet revenue targets. VP of Operations hire and lead hotel General Managers to ensure they meet guest service and satisfaction standards.
- Effective relationship-building with employees at all levels, from laborers to senior executives
- Strong leadership skills
- Well-developed organizational and multitasking abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Relevant experience in hospitality (ideally as a General Manager)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred