Wine Export Managers develop new accounts in new countries and maintain relationships with existing wine distributors in already acquired markets (countries). They follow the monthly sales performance of each country/distributor making sure they reach their annual target. They might conduct sales promotion plans and marketing activities in partnership with their distributor in the given country in order to increase awareness of their product hence generating more demand. They conduct yearly tastings in most of their markets anytime a new vintage is released. They communicate monthly their sales achieved with the other departments of their company keeping track of local market sales trend and could revise their target accordingly to achieve the overall company’s forecast.
- Dynamic personality and natural affinity for salesmanship
- Ability to make strong personal presentations
- Strong organizational skills
- Recognizes different market trends and knows how to approach potential clients accordingly
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in hospitality
- Good knowledge of wine is a plus