GMs implement general policies established by the Board of Directors, and direct their administration and execution. They plan, develop and approve specific operational policies, programs, procedures and methods in concert with general policies. They consistently ensure that the club is operated in accordance with all applicable local, state and federal laws. They analyze financial statements, manage cash flow and establish controls to safeguard funds. GMs review income and costs relative to goals, and take corrective action as necessary. They develop, maintain and disseminate a basic management philosophy to guide all club personnel towards optimal operating results, employee morale and member satisfaction. They establish and approve workloads, work methods and performance standards.
- Excellent leadership, personnel and communication skills
- Effective business and operations management abilities
- Strong financial management and budget planning
- Relevant experience in golf positions (10+ years in the industry as assistant golf professional, head golf professional or general manager)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred (ideally in hospitality or event, sport & entertainment)