GMs develop strategic business plans that define the hotel’s operational and revenue goals. They manage all hotel operations to maximize both employee and financial performance. They ensure that the hotel meets quality standards for property appearance, maintenance, amenities and personal service that deliver the best guest experience possible. GMs set performance goals for employees and provide training, a supportive work environment and constructive assessments to help them grow and contribute to the hotel’s success. They plan, implement and measure the effectiveness of hotel marketing and promotional efforts.
- Excellent leadership, personnel and communication skills
- Effective business and operations management abilities
- Strong financial management and budget planning
- Relevant experience in hospitality management positions
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred (ideally in hospitality)