Learning & Development Managers review hotel training programs and update as necessary. They analyze current training needs for the hotel departments and individuals and make recommendations as needed. Learning & Development Managers develop or research training programs for specific hotel needs. They also track, input, maintain and audit all individual employee training records regarding in-house programs, including department orientation records for new hires. Learning & Development Managers oversee and monitor all departmental training programs, conduct meetings with department managers, trainers and employees to review performance trends, develop action plans, and give recognition. They develop an annual training calendar and compile monthly and quarterly reports on training activities.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and the essential elements of training
- Knowledge of effective training program development
- Ability to relate to all levels of management and employees in spoken and written form
- Ability to observe employees in the work place, analyze operations and detect issues of concern regarding employee performance, grooming, training, policy adherence and morale
- Knowledge of hotel operations (previous hotel work experience a plus)