Public Relations Coordinator
Public Relations (PR) Coordinators are marketing professionals who are responsible for establishing and maintaining public and media relations. This position must take personal responsibility for delivery of exceptional media coverage in both international and local media through meticulous follow-up.
PR Coordinators act as resort representatives by answering to people after media coverage, through emails and phone calls in a prompt and efficient manner. They write newspaper and press releases and are involved in photo shoots, case studies, magazines, photographs and multimedia messages of the resort. They ensure all communications reflect the standards and style of the company. PR Coordinators refer requests for information from media to an appropriate spokesperson or information source. They prepare and distribute all communication materials and liaise with the press and local advertising. They maintain all updated information about the resort on its website. They are involved in event planning and organizing public oriented events sponsored by the resort. They assist the Director of Sales and Marketing to establish and implement PR related goals, objectives, and policies.
- Exceptional interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Ability to act autonomously
- Strong communication skills
- Good project management and organization skills
- Experience in dealing with high end media business partners
- Administrative experience and excellent computer skills
- Creative writing skills
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in hospitality