What are Cookies?
The main purpose of cookies is to make it quicker for users to access the services offered by the Website. In addition, cookies make it possible to tailor the services offered by the Website, allowing information of interest or potentially of interest to be provided to users depending on their use of the Website.
In practice, cookies are text files which are stored on your device. After you have finished your session and closed your browser many of the text files are deleted (“session cookies”). So-called “persistent cookies” may also be stored and these allow to recognize you during your next visit on our website.
What cookies do we use?
We differentiate between two categories of cookies:
- necessary cookies, which help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and
- optional cookies that include:
- preference cookies: enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in;
- statistic cookies: help us understand how visitors interact with the Websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously;
- marketing cookies: used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third-party advertisers.
While the processing of necessary cookies is necessary to enable you to visit the Website and we do not need your permission (Art. 6(1)(b) General Data Protection Regulation), we only use optional cookies if we have obtained your prior consent (Art. 6(1)(a) General Data Protection Regulation).
Upon your first access to our Website, a banner will appear, asking you to give us your consent to the setting of optional cookies. Only if your consent is given, we will place accepted optional cookie on your computer and the banner will not appear again as long as the cookie is active. After expiration of the cookie’s lifespan, or if you actively delete the cookie, the banner will reappear upon your next visit to our Website and again ask for your consent.
OPTIONAL COOKIES WE USE
Cookie provider Privacy notice
Google Tag Manager
This cookie is associated with sites using Google Tag Manager to load other scripts and code into a page. The cookie helps us to classify information on our website and label it in a way which makes it easier to be found in future searches.
YouTube uses the ‘PREF’ cookie to store information such as your preferred page configuration and playback preferences like explicit autoplay choices, shuffle content, and player size.